Saturday, April 2, 2016

Blogging about Bloggers talking about Blogging; wait, what?

     I thought it was interesting skimming over a group of blogger's interviews before actually choosing one to write about. I think one of the parts about blogging that I really respect is people's ability to write freely and openly about what they really enjoy, and to be able to share the experiences they have had with their readers. The blogger that stood out to me the most is Trine-Maria Kristensen. Of course I picked the blogger who is from Denmark and blogs in Danish (ha ha I can't read Danish), but thanks to Google Translate I was able to get some idea of what she writes in her blog. (Really, read it.)

     The first thing that I related to very quickly from her interview was that she too found blogs/blogging confusing before actually getting into the ordeal. As much as I love the idea of blogging and writing freely, the process still confuses me and honestly makes me a bit nervous. She mentioned in her interview that she wanted to start blogging but never got around to it...one of the reasons being that she was a bit shy about it. This is exactly how I feel about blogging and putting my words out there for people to read. I could sit here and type you the worlds longest/saddest song on the world's tiniest violin about how I am scared to blog (don't worry, I will spare you) when in reality, I should just do it. It is not a bad thing to put your thoughts and ideas out there. I respect Trine-Maria for deciding to do just that, and I think that's why I enjoyed reading through her blog and reading her interview, which I recommend highly (again, here is the link...at least skim it).

     After looking into different bloggers a little more, I have figured out that there could be a lot to learn from different blogs and their creators. Another great thing that Trine-Maria posted about was a book she was working on about how to get more from "wasting" time on Facebook. This is definitely a book that I would spend time reading, and I have this blog post to credit for linking me to it. Maybe I should spend less time on Facebook and more time reading blogs (hmm..).

























Well Ned Stark, you might be right...(Game of Thrones, it is awesome, watch it.)

     While at first I was not excited about the idea of blogging and reading blogs, my first look at a true weblog (with the help of taking a class about blogging, which of course led me to discover my first true weblog) may have changed my perspective on the whole thing. Reading over Trine-Maria's interview and blog helped me to not be so closed minded, and also showed me that blog posts can have awesome and inspiring content to read through. Even though I do not personally consider myself as a strong writer, I think that with the inspiration from Trine-Maria, and my blogging class..casual blogging could be in my near future.




No comments:

Post a Comment