Friday, April 8, 2016

Have you ever Google'd Google?



 http://blogstatic.freemake.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/ok-google-questions-about-people.jpg
 


I can say, until recently this would most definitely always be me. If I had a question about something, I would go straight to Google for the answer. I will say though, after going through a personal realization of how much I actually use the Google's search engine I have recently decided to give another search engine a try (DuckDuckGo). One of the reasons I enjoy making the switch is knowing that Google won't be tracking my every move (Google, I know you run Blogger…if you're reading this...no hard feelings) BUT, I will say that DuckDuckGo does not have a nifty feature like Google Images, or some of the other features of the Google search engine.
This brings up an interesting point though... are we being spoiled by Google? If the answer to this question is yes…which I do believe it is, then we are essentially allowing Google to take over our lives by continuing to let ourselves be spoiled by it. Life moves at a very fast pace in today's society so people are always looking for the quickest answer, which Google has become very successful in providing us.
Opinions on Google are really a personal preference, personally I am going to cut back on how much I really choose to let Google control my internet experience...but I am also okay with losing the features over gaining more privacy while online. Google gaining more control over our online experiences (and other aspects of our lives as well) is inevitable, people will continue using Google because it is easy and quick to use.



No comments:

Post a Comment